We take in the region of 23,000 breaths per day on average, so it is very crucial that the quality of the air we breathe should be pure and clean. Most of us think that pollution is from outside and is beyond our control, but it is arguably even more important to be aware of the pollution that could be occurring indoors. We spend the majority of our time at home.
Indoor air pollution affects us on many levels –physically, mentally, and emotionally. This pollution may cause short-term effects on our health like causing heart diseases, inflammation of the skin, lung problems, etc. People with lung and heart disease are more liable to the effects of indoor air pollution.
- We spend around 90 % of our time indoors , making the quality of indoor air one of the most important things for a family .
- The environmental protection agency ranked indoor quality as a top five environmental danger to human health.
- The quality of indoor air can be 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air .
- Air fresheners and candles in your home could be releasing harmful chemicals into your environment such as carcinogens ,phthalates, that can affect your health .
- 60 % of indoor air quality problems are related to ventilation and 30% results from air contamination, 20 % from inside the building and 10 % from outside the building.
- Determining the source of these pollution inside the house is important, most of them shift to cheap and low quality air systems ,but choosing the best and smart cleaning equipment is vital for every family.
- 50% of all illnesses are caused or exacerbated by polluted indoor air.
- Wood smoke may cause a danger to your health. Regular intake of wood smoke has been seen to limit immune activity and function.
Best remedy to maintain the indoor air quality is to invest on best Fresh air system that works wisely and smartly for all your cleaning needs to maintain good indoor air quality.